Lower Your Energy Bills & Make Your Maryland Home More Comfortable
If you’re considering new insulation to make your Maryland home more comfortable and efficient, the attic is the place to start.
Because heat rises, any deficiencies in your current insulation will allow heat to escape from the living area to the attic. By adding more attic insulation, you all but stop this loss, leading to lower energy costs year-round.
Your home can lose up to 25% of its heat through the roof or attic. Homes in the Mid-Atlantic can save up to 17% on heating and cooling costs with home sealing and insulation, on average, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
When you need quality attic insulation for your home in the DC area, turn to Winner Insulation. Our veteran-owned company features superior service and excellence in everything we do. We serve clients throughout the DC metro area and are here to help with all your home insulation needs.
Call (800) 955-1976 today or contact us online for attic insulation services in Maryland or the DC area.
Signs You Should Replace Your Attic Insulation
If the insulation in your attic isn’t performing as well as it should, it can affect the comfort of your entire home. It’s a good idea to replace your attic insulation if any of the following are true:
- Your attic insulation has been compressed or damaged.
- It shows signs of water damage or mold growth.
- It has symptoms of pest activity like droppings.
- Your home feels cool and drafty.
- Your heating or cooling system runs constantly.
- Your energy costs are significantly higher than they should be.
At Winner Insulation, our team can efficiently remove and replace your attic insulation.
Call (800) 955-1976 today or contact us online to request an insulation removal quote.
The Benefits of Upgrading Your Attic Insulation
In the Washington, DC, area, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends that your attic have a total of R-38 to R-60 insulation. By upgrading your attic insulation to this level, you can experience:
- Improved comfort and air quality
- Reduced heating and cooling costs
- Lower environmental impact
- Reduced load on your HVAC system
- Longer HVAC service life
- Added value to your home or new building
Call (800) 955-1976 or contact us online to learn more about the benefits of new attic insulation for your DC home.
Our Insulation Products for Maryland & DC
At Winner Insulation, we offer several types of insulation that would work well for your attic in Maryland or Virginia. These include:
- Fiberglass batts: Designed to fit between the attic’s floor joists, our fiberglass batts provide excellent thermal performance at a great price.
- Cellulose: A loose-fill product blown into place by a specialized machine, cellulose insulation is made from recycled newspaper treated to be resistant to fire, mold, pests, and more. It offers good thermal performance and air sealing at a competitive price.
- Spray foam: Offering the highest R-value per inch, spray foam insulation is applied as a liquid that expands and adheres to nearby surfaces. This gives it excellent thermal performance and air sealing capabilities in a single product.
Call Winner Insulation today at (800) 955-1976 or contact us online to learn more about the types of insulation we offer.
Attic Insulation Types for Maryland Homes
The right type of attic insulation for Mid-Atlantic homes depends on which type is currently installed and the R-value required for your home. Common types of attic insulation include loose-fill, spray foam, batts, rolls, foam board, and vapor barriers.
Below are some of the types of insulation we install in attics in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC:
- Loose-fill attic insulation: Fiberglass or cellulose loose-fill insulation is easily blown or sprayed into hard-to-reach places like your attic. It’s also a good option for installing over existing insulation.
- Attic insulation batts: These pre-cut insulation sections are installed easily between the framing studs and joists in your attic.
- Attic insulation rolls: These are ideal for attics, where long rolls of insulation at pre-cut widths can be run between studs and joists.
- Foam board attic insulation: Versatile foam insulation boards can be used almost anywhere in your home, including the attic. They reduce heat conduction through wood, steel studs, and other structural elements.
- Spray foam attic insulation: Ideal for sealing around doors, windows, and vents, spray foam insulation is often used to fill small gaps and cracks.
- Attic vapor barriers: Vapor barriers help control moisture buildup that can reduce your insulation’s R-value and cause mold or rot.
DIY Attic Insulation vs. Hiring an Insulation Professional
Many homeowners attempt DIY attic insulation as a cost-saving measure. While we understand the impulse, there are risks associated with installing attic insulation yourself, including:
- Failure to seal attic air leaks
- Failure to fix roof leaks
- Fire hazards due to improper installation
- Improper attic ventilation
- Health and safety risks during installation
- Improper installation leading to future problems
Our Attic Insulation Services for the DC Metro Area
Winner Insulation provides a full range of attic insulation services in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC. Our services include:
- Energy audits: Our home energy audit service identifies where your home is leaking energy and where your home’s insulation gaps are.
- Seal attic air leaks: We eliminate gaps and holes that allow air to flow from your attic to other living spaces. This produces a thermal barrier that prevents heat transfer into and out of the attic once your insulation is installed.
- Attic insulation removal: If you need a contractor to remove insulation from your attic, we can help. As part of our attic insulation price estimate, we’ll determine if you need to remove old insulation before installing new.
- Installing attic insulation: We install a variety of attic insulation styles, including spray foam insulation, pre-cut insulation batts, insulation rolls, spray foam insulation, and more. We’ll select the right insulation material for your home.
- Attic ventilation: Proper attic ventilation helps prevent heat buildup during summer and allows warm, moisture-filled air to escape during winter. We partner with experienced ventilation contractors to install attic ventilation as needed with attic insulation projects.
Why Choose Winner Insulation for Attic Insulation?
When you pick Winner Insulation as your attic insulation installer, you get a partner committed to core values:
- A veteran-owned business: David Winner is a U.S. Air Force veteran who served with the Air Mobility Command.
- An integrity-first company: A value forged in service to our country.
- A focus on excellence in our work and excellence in our service to you, our customer.
- Experience as an insulation installer for luxury homes and high-end homes throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Schedule Attic Insulation Services in MD, VA & DC
Improve your comfort and minimize your heating and cooling costs with new attic insulation from our team at Winner Insulation. We work hard to offer our customers the most efficient and cost-effective insulation solutions, and we feature superior service and work quality with every visit.
We’re proud to serve our neighbors in Maryland, Virginia, and the DC area.
Call (800) 955-1976 today or contact us online to schedule attic insulation services in the DC metro area.
Areas We Serve
We provide attic insulation services throughout the Baltimore and Washington, DC, areas, including:
*We serve many other communities in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and DC — contact us to see if we serve your area.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much insulation does my attic need?
The answer is a simple formula: How many square feet is your attic, and what R-value do you need? We can provide a quick estimate with a phone consultation — call (800) 955-1976 today.
Do I have to remove attic insulation before installing new insulation?
It depends. In some cases, you can add new attic insulation on top of existing insulation, essentially boosting your home’s thermal envelope. However, you may have to remove existing attic insulation if it’s damaged, has mold, or if the material isn’t suitable for keeping in place when adding new insulation.
Does attic insulation soundproof my home?
While insulating your attic won’t completely soundproof your home, it does provide sound-dampening qualities to reduce in-home noise from traffic, construction, or loud neighbors.
Can you put too much insulation in your attic?
Many DIY attic insulation attempts result in too much insulation. You could obstruct attic vents and fans, reduce airflow, and prevent moisture removal in your attic. To avoid over-insulating your attic, it’s best to consult a professional installer.