EmPOWER Maryland Energy Audit & Rebate Program
Promoting and supporting energy efficiency is one of the least expensive ways to meet growing electricity demands.
Since 2008, the EmPOWER Maryland energy audit and rebate program has saved the state’s consumers over $4 billion while reducing per-capita electricity consumption by 10%.
As one of the area’s leading spray foam insulation contractors, Winner Insulation is proud to participate in EmPOWER Maryland’s programs that help homeowners, renters, and businesses save energy and money.
Veteran-owned and operated, we provide complete spray foam insulation services for residential and commercial properties, including additions, new construction, buildouts, remodels, or re-insulation projects.
Contact Winner Insulation today at (800) 955-1976 to learn more about savings with EmPOWER Maryland.
What Is EmPOWER Maryland?
EmPOWER Maryland encourages and promotes the efficient use and conservation of energy. The program is funded by an average $6 or less monthly utility bill surcharge. It provides incentives and technical assistance for improving insulation, sealing air leaks, installing energy-efficient windows, and more.
Maryland’s five largest electric utility companies offer residents and businesses various energy-saving programs, including:
- Lighting and appliance rebates for homeowners
- HVAC rebates
- ENERGY STAR® new homes
- Home performance with ENERGY STAR, including home energy assessments and 50% rebates for energy improvements like insulation
- Combined heat and power
BGE and Washington Gas customers can also access natural gas offerings.
Rebate amounts are based on the estimated gas and electric savings of eligible measures. For instance, homeowners who invest in air sealing and insulation projects can receive up to $7500 or 75% of the total project cost.
You can find the incentives offered by your utility provider by using these links:
- BGE: Residential Programs and Commercial Programs
- Pepco: Residential Programs and Commercial Programs
Low-income customers can receive assistance through the state’s Low Income Energy Efficiency Program (LIEEP), which offers the installation of home energy conservation measures with zero out-of-pocket expenses.
Interested in saving with EmPOWER Maryland? Contact us today at (800) 955-1976 to get started.
Ways To Save Power in Your Home
Maintaining an energy-efficient home or apartment can reduce your utility use, while EmPOWER Maryland can help you save money on your utility bills. A recent report found that for every dollar invested in the program, Maryland residents receive $1.81 in benefits.
A recent study also found that the state could gain nearly 70,000 new jobs and $3.75 billion in new GDP due to investments made over the next decade.
Along with upgrading your home’s attic, basement, or crawl space insulation, you can reduce energy costs by:
- Using CFL bulbs instead of incandescent: They last up to 10 times longer, use 75% less electricity, and save you $60 or more over the bulb’s life.
- Unplugging your plasma TV: Unplugging your TV can help you save almost $160 a year.
- Using cold water to clean clothes: Your clothing will be just as clean, and you could save up to $63 annually.
- Installing low-flow showerheads: You can save anywhere from 25% to 60% in costs.
- Turning the thermostat down: Reducing the thermostat by 10% to 15% for eight hours a day can save you as much as 10% on your utility bill.
Lastly, a home energy audit can identify more energy-saving opportunities and help you understand your energy usage and ways to use energy more efficiently.
Save on energy costs when you partner with Winner Insulation. Call (800) 955-1976 today to discuss your project.
Energy-Saving Solutions for Businesses
Businesses can also see significant reductions in energy use and costs through various energy solutions, including:
- Financial incentives: These can cover up to 50% of retrofit project costs.
- Access to technical services: Technical services can recommend ways to improve energy efficiency and cost reductions.
- Complimentary on-site analyses: The on-site analyses include SMB and nonprofits’ energy use.
- Building “tune-ups”: Tune-ups can reduce energy use from 5% to 20% with minimal financial investment.
- Installing spray foam, fiberglass, or cellulose insulation: Insulation will make your building more comfortable and less costly to operate.
Winner Insulation Is Here To Help You Save
Winner Insulation provides complete spray foam insulation services for residential and commercial properties that help reduce energy costs and consumption while improving indoor air quality.
Have questions about EmPOWER Maryland’s energy rebate program or energy audit program?
Call (800) 955-1976 to learn more about spray foam insulation for your home or business.